Milk Makeup Supernova Holographic Highlighting Powder ($30.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a bright, silvery lavender with cool undertones and a sparkling sheen. It had more iridescent shimmer than one that shifted from one shade to another. The finish was moderately shimmery with a strong reflective quality but did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture as the consistency was more finely-milled and smoother as I blended and buffed it out onto my cheeks.
The formula is supposed to have “full payoff in a single swipe” that can be used on cheeks and eyes. It had good pigmentation in a single layer–just shy of full coverage–and was easily built up for truly opaque coverage if desired. The texture was soft, smooth, and not too dense nor was it powdery in the pan, so it was easy to use and to blend out. The highlighter wore well for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Huda Beauty Arctic Glow (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Lethal Cosmetics Scatter (P, $18.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Rocket Science (P, $10.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Morphe Stardust (P, $14.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Confetti (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Jouer Celestial (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain Holographic (Right) (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Blush Pearl (P, $24.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Wild Phox (LE, $29.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Halographic (P, $5.99) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$30.00/0.14 oz. - $214.29 Per Ounce
The formula is an “intense highlighting powder” that is supposed to have “full payoff in a single swipe” that can be used on cheeks and eyes. The color payoff was good for most shades and the finish ranged from subtle to intense, depending on the shade. They typically lasted for eight hours and were easy to blend on the skin.
Browse all of our Milk Makeup Holographic Highlighting Powder swatches.
Octyldodecy Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Isostearate, Dimethicone, Hexylene Glycol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Meterorite Powder, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Silica In/En Mars Shade. May Contain: Mica/Ci 77019, Titanium Dioxide/Ci 77891, Iron Oxides/Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Manganese Violet/Ci 77742, Ultramarines/Ci 77007
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.