Milani Pink-aroo Ludicrous Lights Duo Chrome Highlighter ($10.99 for 0.24 oz.) is a medium-dark, pink-coral with flecks of pink-to-violet shifting shimmer and sparkle. It had semi-opaque coverage in a single layer–it was far more pigmented than other shades in the line and more so than expected based on the formula’s claims–that could be applied with a lighter hand to get sheerer, more buildable coverage.
The texture was fairly smooth to the touch, as there was a lot of shimmer and sparkle in this particular shade, which did come through by touch. It wasn’t too softly nor too firmly pressed into the pan, so it wasn’t prone to excess kicked up in the pan and was easy to work with. The highlighter applied evenly to my cheeks and blended out without difficulty, though there were a few stray sparkles that went a little further than anticipated. It stayed on well for eight hours but had slight migration of some sparkles over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Make Up For Ever 10 Peach (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Amethyst Flashes Geode (LE, $34.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Sunrise Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Wild Rose (LE, $46.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Wattabrat (P, $36.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Starquake (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, warmer (80% similar).
- Natasha Denona Love Glow (Diamond Powder) (PiP, ) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Peach Kiss (P, $9.00) is warmer (80% similar).
$10.99/0.24 oz. - $45.79 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have buildable coverage that "blends and builds seamlessly" with a "silky, ultra-smooth" consistency. The texture was soft without being powdery, smooth (but noticeably sparkly), and blendable on my skin. There was a mix of finer shimmer and smaller flecks of sparkle throughout that gave it a very iridescent, smooth sheen to skin.
The coverage ranged from semi-sheer to mostly opaque, buildable in most instances, and was fairly blendable. There were some stray sparkles that dusted away during application and some that moved during wear, though most of the color wore well for eight hours.
Browse all of our Milani Ludicrous Lights Duo Chrome Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499).