Milani Luminous Light Hypnotic Lights Powder Highlighter ($12.99 for 0.30 oz.) is a light pink with pink-to-lavender shifting, ultra-fine pearl paired with a satin finish. I found it looked cooler-toned and more lavender applied and blended out on my cheekbones than it appeared in the pan. It had good pigmentation, which was buildable to full coverage with half of layer more, but it was also easy to sheer out if preferred. The texture was soft, smooth, and blendable without being too firmly or too losely pressed in the pan. The powder applied easily and sat well on my skin. It wore for eight hours before I noticed signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Shooting Star (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Jouer Celestial (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Chill Pill (P, $7.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Frosted Kiss (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- NYX Lavender Steel (P, $7.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- OFRA Cloud 9 (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery (85% similar).
- MAC Soft Frost (P, $37.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Morphe Stardust (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Halographic (P, $5.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Lavender Dreams (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$12.99/0.3 oz. - $43.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "silky-smooth" and have a "subtle, iridescent glow." Subtle is right on the money; they have an ethereal glow that's there but not blaring, and there's really a sea of intense, metallic highlighters on the market, so seeing something on the subtle end of the spectrum was refreshing. The powders had a soft, smooth, slightly dense consistency, but they did not feel stiff nor were they difficult to pickup with a brush. They blended out easily on the skin, sat well, and yielded a lit-from-within kind of glow. On me, they lasted for eight hours.
Browse all of our Milani Hypnotic Lights Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica (CI 77019), Magnesium Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Talc, Dimethicone, Tin Oxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Magnesium Violet (CI 77742).