Melt Cosmetics Lynx Blushlight ($22.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a light-medium, peachy brown with warm undertones and a golden shimmer throughout that gave it a luminous finish. The blush had a soft, smooth texture that was a smidgen powdery in the pan, but it was easy to apply and blended out nicely on my skin. The finish appeared a bit more frosted when initially swatched, but it blended out to a more luminous one on my cheeks–glowing but not at all into metallic territory. The pigmentation was the “downside,” as the product had opaque color coverage in a single layer, when it was supposed to buildable, so depending on your preference for pigmentation levels, that may or may not be a deal-breaker. On me, the blush stayed on well for eight hours before showing signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Cheek Pollen (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Clinique Sunkissed Pop (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Lynx (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Revlon Naughty Nude (006) (P, $9.99) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Paranoid (DC, $26.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Sunbasque (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Essence Bespoke (P, $2.99) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Sensation (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Zoeva ND030 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Geller Honeysuckle (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$22.00/0.13 oz. - $169.23 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be buildable and can be worn alone or layered with other blushes. I'd consider it a more pigmented blush formula; a few shades are soft and yielding enough to be used with a lighter hand or less-dense brush for sheerer, more buildable application, but most shades were semi-opaque to opaque in one layer. The texture ranged from smooth, lightly creamy to soft and slightly powdery (though finely-milled and silky to the touch!). They blended out fairly well, though a few shades could have been more blendable, and most shades lasted between seven and eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Blushlight swatches.
Talc, Mica, Triethylhexanoin, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Bismuth Oxychloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.