Melt Cosmetics Golden Hour Cream Blushlight ($22.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a medium, peachy-orange with strong, warm undertones and fine, golden pearl throughout. It had a soft, luminous sheen that wasn’t glossy but more than satin as the formula did dry down for the most part.
The texture was smooth, creamy, and moderately emollient with good blendability and glide over my skin, whether over bare skin or over foundation. It had opaque pigmentation that tended to sheer out to more semi-opaque, buildable coverage in practice. It wore nicely for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Make Up For Ever B304 (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Love Story (LE, $12.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ILIA I Put a Spell on You (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Cali Dream (P, $22.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Kosas Velvet Melon (Blush) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Huda Beauty Perky Peach (P, $25.50) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Golden Hour (LE, $12.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- ColourPop Mercy Me (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Tarte Slay Bells (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- Flower Beauty Pinched (P, $9.99) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
$22.00/0.14 oz. - $157.14 Per Ounce
The product is primarily marketed as a cream blush, but the brand also stated that they can be applied to lips as well with some shades working as cream eyeshadow for a monochromatic look. There was nothing about coverage that I could find, though the brand's swatches--both live and in promotional images--were opaque.
The formula was lightweight, moderately emollient, and slightly gel-like, which helped it spread better over bare skin and over base products. Most shades were not prone to lifting up base products and worked well with both fingertips and brushes for application.
As the formula was more pigmented with most shades ranging from semi-opaque to fully opaque, I found brushes were particularly good at getting a sheerer, more diffused application, especially around the edges. If you want a sheerer effect, I'd recommend using less product and building up more as they were more pigmented than most cream-based blushes.
They dried down to a more transfer-resistant finish, so they did not remain emollient, which helped them last longer on my skin. They could still be blended out once dry, and if I rubbed with a fingertip, product would transfer, but the color didn't lift away if I had to brush a stray eyelash or hair from my face (as examples). They still had a natural sheen on my skin, less than dewy but definitely not matte either!
On average, they lasted eight hours on me with a couple of shades lasting a touch longer. I found the shimmer-less shades to last slightly longer in comparison to the shimmery shades, which were more emollient in the pan as well.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Cream Blushlight swatches.
ISOAMYL LAURATE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, MICA, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, OCTYLDODECANOL, SILICA, BEHENYL DIMETHICONE, TRIBEHENIN, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TALC, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TIN OXIDE, BHT, BENZYL BENZOATE. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77891, IRON OXIDES CI 77492, RED 6 CI 15850
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.