Marc Jacobs Beauty Truth or Bare & Shush, Blush Le Marc Liquid Lip Crèmes Reviews, Photos, Swatches
Truth or Bare
Marc Jacobs Beauty Truth or Bare Marc Liquid Lip Crème ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is medium pink with warm undertones and a creamy, lightly glossy finish. It had opaque color coverage that spread evenly across the lips.
The formula is supposed to be hydrating, long-wearing, and have full coverage. If you like the idea of liquid lipstick but prefer more of a satin finish and something more forgiving on the lips, then this formula is going to be more suitable for you. If you prefer a flat, matte finish that’s transfer-proof, then this formula will not meet your needs. It is, literally, a liquid version of lipstick–it feels like a lightweight lipstick with light to moderate slip that lasts four to six hours. This particular shade had a smooth, lightweight consistency that was comfortable to wear, easy to apply, and lightly hydrating over time. It lasted for six hours on me before fading noticeably.
- Shiseido Coral Shore (RD309) (DC, $28.00) is brighter, less pigmented (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Nu Prefere (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Inescapable (P, $32.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Sephora Oui (03) (P, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Infamous (228) (P, $30.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- YSL Nu Incongru (12) (P, $39.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Seeker (P, $32.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Shiseido Murrey (RD305) (DC, $28.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass I've Kissed (P, $34.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Kaja Crazy 4U (P, $17.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
Truth or Bare
Marc Jacobs Beauty Shush, Blush Le Marc Liquid Lip Crème ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a deep, plummy rose with warm undertones and a cream finish. It had rich, opaque pigmentation that applied evenly and smoothly across the lips. The texture was smooth, lightweight, not too thick or too thin, and was easy to work with. The color wore well for six hours, left a very, very faint stain behind, and was moisturizing while worn.
- Bobbi Brown Plum (P, $29.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Cranberry (LE, $29.00) is less pigmented, cooler (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Claret (P, $40.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Island Life (P, $21.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- Bite Beauty Zin (DC, $24.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Brick-o-la (P, $19.00) is darker, more muted (95% similar).
- MAC Hot Tahiti (DC, $19.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Hibiscus (DC, $37.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Smashbox Rose B4 Bros (P, $24.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Sephora Spring Break (36) (P, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
Comments on this post are closed.
Both are lovely!
This formula seems to be my kind of formula and Shush, Blush did well. I hope I’ll be able to swatch it in store soon.
I also hope that MJ adds in more colors, especially darker colors.
Here’s hoping! 🙂
These are so much more my speed than yesterday’s very pale nudes (pale on me, anyway!), I like them both! That said, my favorite of the 2 seems to have a “possible dupe” in Too Faced Pink Chocolate. And they DO seem to be super similar. The other shade reminds of *something* I have…MAC Cosmo? Idk? But it looks very familiar to me!
Pink Chocolate/Cosmo are kind of in the vein – you know, muted pinkish brown/beige shades.
Not my colors, but very pretty! Are these similar to the NARS Velvet Lip Glides? I’m loving those!
I wouldn’t say they are similar to Velvet Lip Glides in terms of texture; function, sure, they are both lightly glossy liquid lipsticks, but they don’t feel the same on.
Nice colors, nice formula, esp. for winter
It is a more forgiving/comfortable formula!
Have you seen these on sephora.com? I can’t find these… Any info on release date?
Yes, that’s where I purchased mine from. Marc Jacobs Beauty did not provide an exact date, just “December.”
Shush, Blush is nice!
Shush, Blush looks like it would be beautiful for next spring/summer. Saving it for future reference!
These names are a little extra, aren’t they? Ha 🙂
It seems like brands are really going after names these days… I am almost starting to prefer numbers.
I can find these anywhere
They did a 1-day early release on Sephora. They will be back sometime in December.
Uhhh I missed it
As I said before, Marc Jacobs Beauty just said it would officially launch in December – they did not provide a specific date! I was explaining where I purchased mine and how 🙂 So sorry to upset you by sharing that!