Makeup Geek Glitz Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light lavender with a hint of pink paired with a frosted sheen. It’s a very light highlighter, so it seems like it will suit fairer complexions rather well without adding a lot of color. I think it can be layered over blushes to add shimmer and shine, though.
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” It had good pigmentation with a soft, smooth consistency that wasn’t too soft or too firm in the pan, which made it really easy to work with. There’s no doubt that this is a formula designed for someone who likes a fair amount of sheen and highlight on their skin, but thus far, I’ve been impressed by how well the texture sits on my skin–like others I’ve tested, this shade did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. I noticed fading after wearing the highlighter for eight hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NYX State of Flux (P, $6.99) is less shimmery, darker, more muted (95% similar).
- Ciate Solstice (P, $32.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- Milk Makeup Pink (LE, $30.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- Viseart Enamored (Highlight) (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Catrice Stardust (P, $5.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #19 (LE, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Frosted Kiss (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Aura (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Becca Prismatic Amethyst (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, more muted (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Peroxide (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker, more muted (90% similar).
$20.00/0.25 oz. - $80.00 Per Ounce
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The majority of the range is beautifully done with smooth, slightly denser textures that are blendable and easy to work with. They have good pigmentation, though some shades are more buildable than "incredibly pigmented." Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Makeup Geek Highlighter swatches.
Triethylhexanoin, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), Carmine (CI 75470)