Makeup by Mario Wildberry Soft Pop Powder Blush ($24.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a medium, rosy plum with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. The consistency was finely-milled and silky to the touch, but it was somewhat powdery and more prone to sheering out (particularly in comparison to other shades in the formula).
It had medium, buildable pigmentation, which seemed in line with how the brand described the coverage-level of the product. The blush could have applied more evenly and blended out with less effort. I found I needed to reach for a buffing brush to really diffuse and even out the product. It lasted well for eight hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Too Faced Peach Berry (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Icing on Top (P, $10.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Dolce Vita (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Dior Poison Matte (962) (P, $45.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Moira Soft Berry (P, $9.50) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta Oh She's Different (Powder) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Out There (LE, $30.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Vieve Malbec (P, $32.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Dolce Vita (PiP, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Viseart Plum #3 (PiP, ) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
$24.00/0.16 oz. - $150.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable," healthy-looking flush of color" that "blends effortlessly" thanks to the "silky" texture. They came in more of a soft, satin-to-pearl finish as well as a matte finish. The pigmentation ranged from medium to mostly opaque, and they were buildable to more opaque coverage from wherever they started with. They stayed on well for eight hours on average.
The texture was soft, smooth, and finely-milled without being overly powdery, and while it was a thinner powder overall, it didn't prove to be an issue during application. The blushes applied evenly to bare skin as well as over foundation without lifting up base products, and I didn't have issues with the very matte finish darkening much or becoming patchy over a more emollient base (often the biggest issue with matte finish blushes!).
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Pop Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Silica, Alumina, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.