Makeup by Mario Mellow Mauve Soft Pop Powder Blush ($24.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a light-medium pink with neutral-to-warm undertones and a matte finish. It had medium, buildable pigmentation with a soft, silky consistency that was a little thin but not too powdery nor prone to sheering out when applied and blended out on my skin.
The thinner texture and more matte finish did seem to result in the color darkening a little when applied on top of bare skin. To retain truer color, you’ll want to apply over matte or powdered skin. It wore well for eight hours before fading visibly on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Zoeva PK030 (P, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Clinique Blush Pop (LE, $21.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- KIKO 109 Candy Rose (P, $12.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Aphrodite Amour (LE, $44.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Zoeva PK020 (P, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Benefit Dandelion (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Pink Sand #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Sassy Pants (P, $10.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Glossier Puff (P, $18.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Divine Rose III (LE, $38.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
$24.00/0.16 oz. - $150.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable," healthy-looking flush of color" that "blends effortlessly" thanks to the "silky" texture. They came in more of a soft, satin-to-pearl finish as well as a matte finish. The pigmentation ranged from medium to mostly opaque, and they were buildable to more opaque coverage from wherever they started with. They stayed on well for eight hours on average.
The texture was soft, smooth, and finely-milled without being overly powdery, and while it was a thinner powder overall, it didn't prove to be an issue during application. The blushes applied evenly to bare skin as well as over foundation without lifting up base products, and I didn't have issues with the very matte finish darkening much or becoming patchy over a more emollient base (often the biggest issue with matte finish blushes!).
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Pop Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Silica, Alumina, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.