Cream Beige (101)
Make Up For Ever Cream Beige (101) Artist Liquid Matte ($20.00 for 0.08 fl. oz.) is a medium-dark peach with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation that applied evenly and smoothly across the lips. The consistency was thin but very fluid, almost too fluid (seemed to take extra effort to keep the product within the lines!). It dried down to a flat, matte finish that was transfer-proof. I noticed fading after five hours of wear, though it lasted closer to six hours before needing a touch-up or reapplication. The formula was slightly drying over time.
The Artist Liquid Matte formula is supposed to have “intense color” with an “ultra-matte finish” that is “long-lasting” and leaves lips feeling “soft, nourished.” In general, the formula is quite pigmented with a smooth, thin texture that still had substance to it (but felt looser, like it was almost too easily spread across the lips) as it covered the lips well and didn’t streak. The dry down time was average, and I felt like I could maneuver and perfect the edges without fear of it drying down on me. The formula dried down to a flat, matte finish that didn’t transfer and did not appear “cracked.” The wear varied from five to eight hours on me, and the formula felt slightly drying to non-drying. There was a heavy, floral scent, though–more detectable than the one in their regular lipstick range. While the tube did not seem unusually small, thin, or short, it contained a lot less product than is standard for liquid lipsticks.
- Tarte Namaste (P, $20.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Pure Hollywood (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Adore (LE, $8.99) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Platform (LE, $6.50) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Noble (P, $20.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lament (DC, $18.00) is lighter, brighter, glossier (85% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Summer! (P, $19.00) is lighter, brighter, glossier (80% similar).
- Sephora Peach Tart (LE, $14.00) is darker, cooler (80% similar).
Neutral Beige (107)
Make Up For Ever Neutral Beige (107) Artist Liquid Matte ($20.00 for 0.08 fl. oz.) is a muted, medium-dark brown with neutral-to-warm undertones and a matte finish. It was richly pigmented with a smooth, thin consistency that applied evenly across the lips. Once the product dried down, it appeared slightly “cracked” where the color separated noticably around deeper lip lines. This shade lasted for six hours before fading on me and was neither drying nor hydrating.
- Colour Pop Pillow Talk (P, $6.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Styled in Sepia (LE, $19.50) is darker, warmer, glossier (85% similar).
- NYX Butter (P, $6.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Dash O' Spice (LE, $21.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Chi (LE, $6.50) is darker, warmer (80% similar).