MAC First Waves Pearlmatte Face Powder ($40.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a light-medium pink with subtle, cool undertones and a satin finish. The finish became slightly more luminous once blended out on the skin but did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. The powder had a silvery white, coral-red, and fuchsia pink, while a lot of the shimmer comes off with the first use, as it was an overspray.
The Pearlmatte Face Powder is supposed to be a combination of a highlighter and blush with “excellent colour payoff” and a “rich and creamy texture.” They vary a lot in price and size, as they are a limited edition formula and often feature embossing/special designs. The consistency was smooth–soft without being too powdery or dusty–and blendable on the skin while it was still very pigmented and nearly opaque. This shade wore well for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
This collection was supposed to launch on the 6th, but I haven’t seen it yet, so it looks like it might be delayed.
- YSL Singuliere (1) (P, $47.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Dior Rose (001) (LE, $56.00) (95% similar).
- ColourPop Olive (LE, $8.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Dior Floral Pink (844) (LE, $44.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Too Faced Better Together (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Zoeva PK030 (P, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- KIKO 110 Bright Pink (P, $12.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Kiss Off (DC, $26.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Launch Away (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Robotic (LE, $30.00) is cooler (90% similar).
LELimited Edition. $34.00.