Under My Plum
MAC Under My Plum Extra Dimension Blush ($31.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a medium-dark plum with subtle, warm reddish undertones and a luminous sheen. It had nearly opaque color coverage in a single layer, which could be built up to full coverage with a little more on top.
The texture felt soft, smooth, and moderately dense but not thick or stiff to work with, which allowed me to pick up product readily but not get any powderiness or excess product in the pan. The blush applied evenly to bare skin and diffused well along the edges. It lasted well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Wrapped Candy (P, $31.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Cool Pink (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Just Rosy (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Pomegranate (P, $6.99) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Easy (DC, $26.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Parasol (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Fire Fury (P, $22.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Merit Raspberry Beret (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Sounds Grape (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Milani Cherry on Top (P, $7.99) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$31.00/0.14 oz. - $221.43 Per Ounce
The Extra Dimension Blush formula is supposed to have “long-wearing colour with prismatic reflections” that wears for “10 hours.” The formula is typically very pigmented with a soft, smooth texture that’s firmer in the pan but not difficult to use–I had no issues grabbing color with even my softest brushes–and has no dustiness or powderiness in the pan. The blushes are usually blendable with a luminous glow on the cheeks that did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. With MAC’s newly-added permanent shades, the wear time has ranged from eight to ten hours.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Blush swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polysorbate 80, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.