MAC Totally Synced Glow Play Blush ($30.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a soft, bubblegum pink with subtle, cool undertones and a satin sheen. It had sheer, buildable coverage (up to medium) when applied with a brush and semi-sheer, buildable coverage (up to medium) when applied with fingertips.
The blush had a smooth, lightly emollient texture that wasn’t wet to the touch but felt creamier than a true powder formula would. Once the product came into contact with my skin, it felt more like a thin powder than a cream or gel-based product. It applied evenly and blended easily whether over bare skin or over foundation. It stayed on nicely for eight hours before I noticed slight fading.
MAC Glow Play Blushes launch February 6th and will be available in 11 shades; see the collection information here.
- NARS Thrill (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Threesome (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Promise Ring (P, $10.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Cherry (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B202 (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Lolli'glow (002) (LE, $45.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B204 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Jouer Tease Me (PiP, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Flower Beauty Bubbly (P, $9.99) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Obsessed (DC, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
$30.00/0.25 oz. - $120.00 Per Ounce
The new, limited edition formula is supposed to have "eight-hour, fade-free wear" with an "ultra-blendable" formula that has "sheer" but buildable coverage with a "gel-cream texture" that is "bouncy." It's gel-to-powder blush that has a lightly emollient, slightly sponge-like quality to it--more like a smoother, more emollient clay-like texture to me--that feels more like powder as soon as it comes into contact with my skin.
The pigmentation was definitely more sheer to semi-sheer, buildable to medium to semi-opaque coverage with some of the deeper/darker hues in the range having more coverage and better building capabilities. I preferred using fingertips for application as I felt it was easier to faster to apply, though fingertips will yield slightly higher coverage compared to a brush. The formula applied well--most of the time--over bare skin as well as over base products like liquid foundation without lifting it up. They wore eight hours before starting to show signs of fading.
Browse all of our MAC Glow Play Blush swatches.