MAC Happy-Go-Rosy Mineralize Blush ($29.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a medium-dark pink with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had medium, buildable pigmentation (up to opaque in three layers), as marketed, that applied evenly and blended out fairly readily, though it took a smidgen more effort than some blushes, which I don’t find uncommon with more matte, richer hues like this shade. To make life easier, try lightly powdering prior to applying the blush, which will make blending a cinch. The consistency was smooth and just a smidgen dusty but not dry or chalky on my skin. This shade wore well for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Chanel Vibration (270) (P, $45.00) is brighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Tarte Irreplaceable (LE, $29.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Cruel Intentions (LE, $8.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- Tarte Deco (LE, $29.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Lovable (LE, $29.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NYX Peach (DC, $5.00) is brighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Exotic Flora (Top) (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Milani Tea Rose (08) (P, $8.99) is brighter (95% similar).
- The Estee Edit Purr Pink (03) (P, $28.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- IT Cosmetics Matte Sweet Apple (P, $24.00) is warmer (95% similar).
$29.00/0.11 oz. - $263.64 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to "build lightly" and "glide onto skin" for "luminous color." Most shades in the range have more medium to semi-opaque coverage, which tends to be buildable to opaque coverage, but most shades are not truly sheer in coverage. The texture used to be drier but has become smoother and more finely-milled over the years. The finish is typically luminous but can be metallic or almost matte depending on the particular shade. They wear between six and eight hours on me.
Browse all of our MAC Mineralize Blush swatches.