Devoted to Danger
MAC Devoted to Danger Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick ($27.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a bright, medium orange with strong, red undertones and a matte finish.
- Opaque color coverage
- Velvety without being thick, lightweight
- Glided on and applied evenly
- Comfortable to wear, lightly hydrating
- Long-wearing (6 hours of normal wear, 8-10 hours if one doesn’t eat)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Cruella (LE, $8.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NARS Heat Wave (P, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Maybelline Orange Danger (DC, $7.49) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Dior Forever Feminine (647) (P, $42.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Hot Fire (LE, $18.00) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Tell Laura (P, $37.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Chilean Sunset (LE, $45.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Lady Danger (P, $19.00) is brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC So Chaud (P, $19.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Jagger (LE, $36.00) is darker, warmer, glossier (85% similar).
$27.00/0.07 oz. - $385.71 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "12 hours" of wear with "bold colour" that is "non-bleeding, non-feathering, non-flaking, [and] fade-resistant," while also being hydrating and "immediately" minimizes the appearance of lip lines. Most of the claims are accurate, except that they don't last 12 hours at all--that's an exceptionally long time, and generally, they only partially make it through a meal, so unless you're just drinking for the course of 12 hours, then they will wear away sooner!
The texture was lightweight, thin without being clingy, and velvety without being too heavy or thick in feel. Most shades had nearly opaque to opaque coverage that applied evenly and sat well on lips without emphasizing lip lines or settling noticeably into lip lines. The formula was comfortable to wear and was more forgiving of lip texture compared to the original Powder Kiss formula. I quite enjoyed the formula, but the ratings are all pushed down a bit due to the extra-long wear claim that did not prove true in my experience.
Most shades lasted between five and six hours and felt lightly hydrating. They had a sweet, vanilla-like scent but no discernible taste.
Worth noting, they have heavier-duty packaging than most MAC lip products, but they also contain less product (0.07 oz. compared to their 0.10 oz. traditional bullet lipsticks) while being one of their more expensive lip offerings.
Browse all of our MAC Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick swatches.
Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Candelilla Wax Hydrocarbons, Synthetic Wax, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax Extract, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Dipentaerythrityl Pentaisononanoate, Trihydroxystearin, Synthetic Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax Copernicia Cerifera Cera Cire De Carnauba, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Alumina, Benzyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Mica, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Black 2 (Ci 77266), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) ILN50302
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.