MAC Dazzlegold Dazzle Highlighter ($34.00 for 0.34 oz.) is a bright, light-medium gold with warm, yellow undertones and a glittery finish. It had a transparent base, which was as described, and lots of gold pearl, sparkle, and larger flecks of glitter. It had “coverage” with respect to the shimmer/glitter that adhered and stayed on my cheekbones. The texture was dense and smooth to the touch (almost felt like a firm cream), and despite being quite glittery, it picked up well with my brush and actually blended out (without disappearing). It stayed on well for eight hours with minimal migration over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Anastasia White Sand (LE, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Anastasia Butterscotch (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Unicorn (P, $5.99) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Citrine (P, $24.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Step Right Up (LE, $6.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Rose Cashmere Highlight (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Gold Lava (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Anastasia Dripping in Gold (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Gilded (LE, $6.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Golden Kiss (P, $9.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
$34.00/0.34 oz. - $100.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to "reflect light with a shock of sparkle over translucent colour" with a "cream-powder" base that has "minimal fallout" and can be layered over "blush and eye shadow." It is supposed to wear for "8 hours." They had a dense, but smooth, consistency with lots of fleck-like sparkle and glitter--flatter but very reflective particles that adhered better to the skin and did, in fact, have "minimal fallout" and some travel/migration of sparkles over time but a lot of stayed in place over the eight hours it lasted for. The pigmentation was as described: lots of glitter and a transparent base, so it had "coverage" but in the form of sparkle and glitter. For all the reflective qualities of the finish, it didn't emphasize my skin's texture. They were easy to apply and blend out without losing the "coverage" or initial placement of the product.
Browse all of our MAC Dazzle Highlighter swatches.