LYS Beauty Empower Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream BlushLYS Beauty Empower Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush ($16.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a deep, reddened plum with moderate, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which could easily be built up to full coverage. The texture was yielding and forgiving, so I could use less product and still spread, blend, and diffuse the product for sheerer coverage as well.
It felt lightly creamy to the touch, lightweight and thin but not too thin, which helped it spread well over bare skin as well as layer over foundation without lifting it up. The formula felt more emollient initially but set to a more satin-like finish–no shimmer but skin-like and not flat–and remained slightly movable. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Ravish (P, $60.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Kaja Extra Pepper (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Merit Mood (P, $28.00) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Daydreamer (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Dolce Vita (PiP, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Psst (P, $7.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta Oh She's Different (Powder) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil d'Ambre (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Glossier Storm (P, $18.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta Oh She's Different (Crème) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$16.00/0.23 oz. - $69.57 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "high payoff" with a "satin-matte" finish that has a "natural flush." They were very pigmented but blendable and easy to control, so one could apply less and get sheerer, more buildable coverage, if preferred. The consistency was lightweight, thin, and had moderate slip but turned more powder-like--the "satin-matte" came through--as it was applied and blended out on my skin.
It didn't have a severe dry down, so it remained slightly movable as it dried down; it wasn't tacky or particularly dewy, so it seemed true to the "satin-matte" finish described (but wasn't so matte that it was dry or flat-looking on). They applied well over bare skin as well as over liquid foundation and set foundation. They wore between eight and eight and a half hours on me.
Browse all of our LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush swatches.
C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Mica, Synthetic Wax, Kaolin, Isohexadecane, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Di-C20-40 Alkyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Boron Nitride, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Persea Gratissima(Avocado) Oil, Lecithin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Oleate, Sorbitan Laurate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 27 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.