L’Oreal Medium (02) True Match Lumi Bronze It ($14.99 for 0.41 oz.) is a light-medium brown with warm, orange undertones and a fine dusting of gold pearl. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation–the only of the three that was at least slightly buildable!–with a soft, noticeably drier, powdery texture, but it was soft enough to pick up well with a brush and blend out with little effort on my skin (slight darkening you might see in the photo are post-acne marks still fading). It didn’t look dry once blended out, and the gold pearl gave it a subtle sheen that wasn’t overtly shimmery. This shade stayed on well for eight hours on me before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Becca Aloha Bronze (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Becca Capri Coast (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Golden Rinse (LE, $35.50) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Kosas Medium (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Wild Card (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Saffron Sun (LE, $65.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Clinique Solar Pop (LE, $32.50) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- IT Cosmetics Warm Radiance (P, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Streak Bronzer (-, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild What Shady Beaches (P, $4.99) is warmer (90% similar).
$14.99/0.41 oz. - $36.56 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "buildable" that gives "an instant sun-kissed glow" to the skin. There are three shades, and all three were very pigmented--they can be used with a lighter hand for more gradual pigmentation (true of most pigmented products). The consistency was on the softer side with slight powderiness that was mostly present in the pan, as the powders sat well on my skin once applied. The bronzers blended out easily on my skin and stayed on well for seven to eight hours on me.
Browse all of our L'Oreal True Match Lumi Bronze It swatches.
Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Alcohol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Paraffin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cera Microcristallina / Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Serica Powder / Silk Powder / Poudre De Soie, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate. May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77007 / Ultramarines.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.