Lethal Cosmetics Calyx Magnetic Face Powder (Blush) ($14.00 for 0.18 oz.) is a vibrant, medium-dark coral-orange with strong, warm undertones with a satin finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, so it seemed quite a bit more pigmented than marketed, though the texture at least made it possible to go in with a lighter hand to achieve more buildable coverage if desired.
The blush had a smooth, lightly emollient texture that wasn’t too firmly-pressed into the pan but still soft enough to be yielding. It applied evenly to bare skin and diffused well along the edges while leaving behind a semi-matte to satin finish–glowing and “skin-like” but not overtly shimmery. It lasted nicely for nine hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Rare Beauty Joy (P, $20.00) is less shimmery, glossier (95% similar).
- ColourPop Totes (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Nude Glow (Center) (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Crave (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Flower Beauty Melon (P, $9.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Crushin' (PiP, $6.99) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Foschia Rosa (430) (P, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Exotic Flora (Bottom) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Intonation (69) (DC, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Daiquiri Dip (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$14.00/0.18 oz. - $77.78 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to blend "effortlessly" and "build" to a "luminous matte" finish and "any intensity with ease." In general, they had medium, buildable coverage that easily built up to mostly opaque to opaque coverage.
Per the brand, they recommend "tapping" rather than swirling one's brush, which I'd agree with for picking up more buildable pigment--swirling or heavier motions could yield more opaque coverage in one go (which could be desired).
The texture was moderately dense, smooth, and not powdery nor too firmly-pressed into the pan, so the product picked up well with more feathery brushes as well as denser brushes.
As I applied the powder and buffed it into my skin, they had a more semi-matte to natural matte finish--not flat or dry but not overly shimmery either. They looked more "melted" on my skin, which gave them a better and more flattering finish applied. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Lethal Cosmetics Magnetic Face Powder (Blush) swatches.
CI 77019 (Mica), Magnesium Stearate, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin. [+/- (May Contain): Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 778161 (Tin Oxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 16035 (Red 40 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 7), CI 45410 (Red 27 Lake)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.