Laura Geller Diamond Dust Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator ($26.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a grayish-white base with strong shift to pink-violet paired with a luminous sheen. It had rich color payoff, which was easily blended and diffused for sheerer coverage, if desired. The consistency was smooth, blendable but not so soft that it was powdery in the pan. The brand actually described the formula as a “translucent wash of luminous color,” and while with a very, very light touch and barely-there application, that effect was achievable, the reality was this was a pigmented highlighter–which may not be a deal-breaker for many. On my warmer skin tone, the cooler base made it easier for me to wear layered on top of blush, but the shift was noticeable on its own or layered. This shade wore well for nine hours on me.
- Coloured Raine Fashion Show (P, $25.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Iridescent Pink (003) (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- bareMinerals Whimsy (P, $29.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- NYX Snow Rose (P, $7.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Chanel White Opal (40) (P, $58.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Maybelline Opal (050) (P, $9.99) is warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Unicorn Tears (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Essence Be My Spacelight (P, $4.49) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Frosted Kiss (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Unicorn Dreams (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$26.00/0.16 oz. - $162.50 Per Ounce
The Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator formula is supposed to give a “translucent wash of luminous color” that can be used all-over or as a highlighter with a powder-cream hybrid texture. The consistency was denser but smooth and had no powderiness in the pan. The powder applied well to bare skin, blended out easily, and sat well on my skin. Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
The biggest “downside” to the formula is that they’re really more pigmented than described. I think they’re easy to use as a semi-sheer product with a lighter hand, but without adjusting one's tool or technique, they tended to apply at more semi-opaque to opaque coverage. To me, the formula would be better described as having medium, buildable coverage.
Browse all of our Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator swatches.
MICA, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SQUALANE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, GLYCERIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CHRONDRUS CRISPUS, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, POLYSORBATE 20, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, SILICA, XANTHAN GUM, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, TIN OXIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
Laura Geller Diamond Dust Easy Illuminating Stick ($26.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a light, peachy pink that shifts from warmer pink to more golden peach–but at times it almost looks translucent with just a dewy finish. The coverage was medium when applied directly to the skin using the stick, but once I started to blend out the highlighter, it was hard to keep it at anything greater than sheer coverage. It was hard to really build it back up without the product becoming too emollient. When it was blended out (and sheer), it dried down, but if I just applied a swipe from the stick and left it there, unblended, it did not dry down (over an hour when I was just testing to see).
The formula is supposed to be “long-wearing and skin-conditioning” with a “high carat glow.” I’d agree with the idea of it being an “easy” highlighter, as it would be hard to overdo or overapply it. The consistency was thin, creamy, and moderately emollient, so it was easy to blend out on bare skin. It took a more delicate touch to apply it over a liquid/cream base to avoid disturbing it, and I would recommend applying this highlighter while your base was still drying down for better blendability. The highlighter lasted well for eight hours on me.
As a note, I did not find that using this underneath the powder version really amplified the powder.
- Glossier Moonstone (P, $22.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Frosted Kiss (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Pink Light (P, $45.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Tarte Believe (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Glitz (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Too Faced Unicorn Tears (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Blue Ice (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Chantecaille Year of the Dog (LE, $42.00) is less glossy (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Holo at Me (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Luster Light (P, $12.99) is less shimmery, less glossy (90% similar).
DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, OCTYLDODECANOL, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, MICA, POLYETHYLENE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE), PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).