JD Glow Cloud 9 Pressed Powder Illuminator ($16.50 for 0.28 oz.) is a pale, almost iridescent blue that shifted between aqua-blue to cooler, almost bluish-violet. It had more of a translucent base when blended out, and it had a more luminous sheen.
The texture was soft, a little powdery but blendable and easy enough to work with using a dry brush. It worked better over bare skin or set foundation as slightly damp, liquid foundation caked up with this on top. The highlighter had nearly opaque color coverage that could be built up or sheered out depending on one’s preferences. It lasted well for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Pat McGrath Astral Blue Star (LE, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Mint'd Mojito (PiP, $36.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 6 Frozen Turquoise (P, $21.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Prism (LE, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Icicle (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Orion (PiP, ) is lighter (85% similar).
- Milk Makeup Icy Blue (LE, $30.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 3 Frozen Orange (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Stila Admiral (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, less pigmented (85% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Water (LE, $6.99) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$16.50/0.28 oz. - $58.93 Per Ounce
The highlighter formula runs nearly opaque to opaque with moderate to intense luminosity. A couple of the more metallic shades can emphasize skin texture when worn at higher coverage levels, but for the most part, the glow was intense, shiny, and reflective without emphasizing my natural texture.
The consistency felt smooth, lightweight, and thin without being powdery or too firmly-pressed into the pan, so it wasn't messy to use while picking up readily with a typical highlighter brush. There was a creaminess and some slip to it that made it feel almost like a cream-powder but was definitely a powder product. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with ease, and lasted between eight and nine hours before fading on me.
Browse all of our JD Glow Pressed Powder Illuminator swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Also Contain: Oxide Pigments, Ultramarines, Chromium Green, Lake Dyes, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Aluminum Powder, Tin Oxide, Borosilicate
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.