ILIA Stutter Color Haze Multi-Use PigmentILIA Stutter Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment ($32.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark coral with strong, warm orange undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had a slightly thicker, more gel-like consistency that distributed evenly over bare skin but dried down to a more semi-matte finish (which was what distinguished this formula from their other cheek/lip formulas).
It was easy to work with as a cheek product, as it spread well and blended out without difficulty. The texture was noticeably tackier and harder to wear on my lips as it was a little thin and clingy. It wore well for seven hours as a cream blush and two hours as a lip product, which was non-drying over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Dior Coral Flight (462) (LE, $44.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC See Me Blush (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Quarters (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Torrid (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, brighter, less glossy (90% similar).
- Chanel Lumieres de Kyoto (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Oh You Pretty Things (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Mistletoe (LE, ) is darker, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Shiseido Alpen Glow (06) (P, $29.00) is lighter, warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- ColourPop Under Pressure (P, $8.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Megeve (Blush) (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, more muted (85% similar).
$32.00/0.23 oz. - $139.13 Per Ounce
It's supposed to have "buildable" coverage that could be worn as a "wash of color" or built up to "richer, bolder payoff." It can be used on cheeks as well as lips. The consistency has a smooth, liquid-cream consistency--much more spreadable and more emollient than a potted cream blush but a bit denser and more substantial than a true liquid blush. On my lips, it had a thinner, clingier consistency and moderate tackiness. The coverage was sheer to medium (depending on how much product was applied or with what tool) and could be built up somewhat but was difficult to get much beyond medium.
The shades I tried spread out and blended out nicely on my cheeks without emphasizing my skin texture or lifting foundation, and they dried down for the most part. As a lip product, the color went on fairly well, but the lighter shade was more prone to settling into my lip lines while the deeper shade went on more flatteringly. As a cheek color, they lasted six to seven hours, and as a lip product, they lasted between two and three hours and were non-drying.
It had a sweet, vanilla scent, and there was a bit of a tingle on my skin when I used it as a cheek color but not something I noticed on my lips.
Browse all of our ILIA Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment swatches.
Undecane, Tridecane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Mica, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Silica, Kaolin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Balanites Roxburghii Seed Oil*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Vanillin, Hectorite, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Bidens Pilosa Extract, Tocopherol, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Alumina, Magnesium Oxide. May Contain/Peut Contenir (±): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.