ILIA Novelty NightLite Bronzing PowderILIA Novelty NightLite Bronzing Powder ($34.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with strong, warm yellow undertones and a mostly matte finish. It was richly pigmented where a little went a long way, which wasn’t in line with the buildable claim the formula made–this may be a deal-breaker for some and a reason to purchase for others.
The texture was soft, silky, and finely-milled with a bit of a velvety glide to it, and this shade was more blendable and forgiving over bare skin compared to the other shade. There was barely-there gold, micro-shimmer through it, which I think helped make it blend a bit better. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably on my skin.
As an aside, this is one of two shades (and it is the deepest), so it does a poor job of addressing the needs of our very diverse beauty community. It is still far too common to see one or two bronzers offered, and I wish more brands would build out their bronzer ranges to address the needs of more depths and undertones.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Fenty Beauty Inda Sun (P, $30.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Princess Cut (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Laguna (P, $38.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Skinny Dip (P, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Canyon Dreamin' (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Bronze (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (P, $30.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Red Harness Sculpt (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bronze Age (P, $68.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $70.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$34.00/0.42 oz. - $80.95 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "super creamy" with a "luminous finish" with intensity that you can "dial up" for more color. I wouldn't describe the formula as buildable; it was quite pigmented where a little went a long way, so you would want to use a lighter hand, especially if you wanted more buildable coverage out of this formula.
The texture was soft, smooth, and fairly blendable without being too powdery nor too firmly pressed into the pan. It wasn't as blendable over bare skin as I would have liked, but I didn't have any issues blending it out over matte or set foundation. It is not completely unexpected that a more-matte finish didn't blend as readily over bare skin, but it was an area it could have performed better in. The formula lasted eight to nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our ILIA NightLite Bronzing Powder swatches.
Mica, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ethyl Macadamiate, Tocopherol, Malic Acid. May Contain/Peut Contenir (±): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).