Birthday Candle Pearls
Guerlain Birthday Candle Pearls Meteorites Pearls ($62.00 for 0.80 oz.) is a translucent, satiny powder with flecks of small, but more noticeable, shimmer throughout. The amount of shimmer was still sparse, so it still worked well for all-over application but was a little more noticeable compared to other Meteorite variations if applied more heavily to the higher points of the face.
The 30th anniversary edition of the Meteorites Pearls is supposed to “warm your complexion and bring radiance to all skin tones” with “gold pearls to fight dullness, pink pearls to reveal glow and champagne and white pearls to reflect light.” The powder, like most of Guerlain’s products, has a violet scent, though it was subtle and I did not personally detect when applied to my face, only when I initially opened the jar.
According to Guerlain’s current copy for the product, the powder can be used to “fix make-up and improve hold,” which I find to be fairly minor in practice–maybe an extra half hour but a true setting powder would do more. In the past, it has been described more as a finishing powder than a setting powder, and I think that is a more accurate description of this powder. It has often brightened my overall look slightly, breathed a little life back into my skin if I’ve gone too matte, and the like. No matter how you describe it, though, Meteorites Pearls are subtle and are designed that way, and for some, it will be a product that calls to mind a story of the Emperor with No Clothes.
- Guerlain Gold Pearl (LE, $65.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Guerlain Perles de Nuit (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Guerlain Perles du Dragon (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Guerlain Teint Rose (DC, $58.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Guerlain Summer Edition (2015) (LE, $65.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Guerlain Teint Dore (DC, $58.00) is less pigmented (95% similar).
- Guerlain Clair (02) (P, $65.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Guerlain Happy Glow Pearls (LE, $65.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Guerlain Perles du Paradis (LE, $65.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Guerlain Parure de Nuit (LE, $67.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!