Fenty Beauty 24Kray Fairy Bomb Shimmer Powder ($28.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a light-medium gold with warm, golden undertones and a metallic sheen. It was pigmented where a little went a long way, but whether it was over-the-top pigmented or buildable really depended on how much product you picked up with your brush as the nature of loose powder products just makes it harder to control. I’ll say that quite a bit of the powder came through the pre-made holes, so I’d recommend using a light hand or a tapered brush, then gently tapping into the lid, to ensure an even application.
The powder was very finely-milled and seemed less sparkly to me than the powder in the Pom Pom–this was smoother, more of a high-shine finish than a sparkling one. Depending on how you picked up product, it can go on more or less evenly but blends very easily, so regardless, it always diffused and spread out well on my skin. It wore well for eight hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Sydney Grace Radiant Glow (P, $8.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Dior Golden Glow (003) (P, $50.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Amnesia (P, $26.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Holly Gold-head (LE, $4.99) is darker (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Boomin' (LE, $7.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Anastasia So Hollywood (P, $25.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- OFRA Rodeo Drive (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Champagne (P, $10.99) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Always One Jump Ahead (LE, $35.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Smashbox Turn It On Gold (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
$28.00/0.21 oz. - $133.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "the same smooth, hyper-reflective shimmer" that was packed into the Fairy Bomb Glittering Pom Pom but now "a loose powder pot" that has "precision and payoff." It can be used on "your face, eyes, and body," and has a "vanilla coconut scent." The loose powder version seemed less sparkly but shinier, and they were significantly more pigmented. I find that loose powders like this are hard to judge on pigmentation, as they are often pigmented but can depend on how much one picks up with a brush or applies in a way that's harder to judge/measure (compared to a pressed powder).
That being said, I definitely felt I had to be careful when picking up product with my tapered highlighting brushes to avoid over-applying product. I would recommend picking up product with a brush, gently tapping off excess into the lid, then swirling the brush inside the lid to evenly distribute product onto the brush. The three shades blended out well and lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Fairy Bomb Shimmer Powder swatches.
Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Ethyl Vanillin, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Carmine (Ci 75470), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491).