Estee Lauder Christmas Kiss Hi-Lustre Pure Color Envy Lipstick ($32.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a bright, medium pinky-red with fine ruby red and pink pearl. It had nearly opaque color coverage that went on evenly and smoothly.
The Hi-Lustre formula is supposed to have medium coverage, shine, and shimmer with a hydrating formula. I’m a fan of the Pure Color lipstick range, and the Hi-Lustre formula “downside” is that it tends to be closer to semi-opaque to opaque coverage rather than a true medium coverage formula. The texture was lightweight, comfortable to wear with a touch of tackiness, that sat well on the lips and lasted for six and a half hours. The color stained slightly, but it was faint, and it felt hydrating while worn.
- Tom Ford Beauty Alejandro (P, $36.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Smashbox Legendary (PiP, $21.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Colour Pop JujuRouge (LE, $6.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Cherry Frost (P, $0.99) is glossier (95% similar).
- MAC Authentic Red (LE, $19.50) is darker, glossier (90% similar).
- Guerlain Red Hot (328) (P, $37.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Givenchy Rouge Interdit (13) (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain Rouge Saphir (821) (DC, $58.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar).
- Kat Von D Adora (P, $19.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Prepare for Pleasure (LE, $19.50) is brighter (90% similar).