Estee Lauder Blonde Gold Eye Metals ($45.00 for 0.10 oz.) is a light gold with moderate, warm undertones and a sparkling, metallic finish. For swatching purposes, I tried it dry as well as damp, but it was fairly pigmented even without the use of a dampened brush. The texture was smooth, dense, and more-cream like, which helped the eyeshadow stay together on the lid and have minimal fallout over time. The eyeshadow was blendable, though there were bits of sparkle that came away from the area when I was blending it out. It wore well for six and a half hours before creasing on me.
- Dior Pastel Fontanges #3 (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- bareMinerals Carte Blanche (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Moonstone (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- LORAC Cashmere (LE, $19.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Fresh Blade (LE, $17.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Greenluxe #2 (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Chanel Tisse Gabrielle #2 (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior Ruby #2 (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Giorgio Armani #1 Fall Collection 2012 #2 (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Chardonnay (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
$45.00/0.1 oz. - $450.00 Per Ounce
It is supposed to be a “rich color powder eyeshadow” that is “densely pigmented” that can be worn alone or layered. There are two shades in the collection, and they performed similarly, though Bitter Clove is a bit richer overall and longer wearing. They were nicely pigmented with very dense, almost cream-like textures that blended out easily on the lid and adhered to bare lids. I found that they were prone to creasing within six hours of wear, but the wear time improved to eight hours (before creasing) over primer, so primer helped but ultimately, this was not an ultra long-wearing formula. I did not experience much fall out, though, despite the high sparkle content in Bitter Clove (Charred Emerald has more of a pearly sheen). I liked them, but at the price point, it’s definitely a lot for a single eyeshadow, so they’re not going to be worth it for everyone.
Browse all of our Estee Lauder Eye Metals swatches.