Essence Befitting The Blush ($2.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark pink with moderate, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had rich color coverage in a single layer, which was more pigmentation than described by the brand, though it could be used with a lighter hand if desired to achieve more buildable coverage.
The texture was soft, smooth, and blendable with a bit of firmness in the pan, just not enough to make it stiff or difficult to work with. The blush applied evenly to bare skin and diffused well along the edges. It lasted well for eight hours before showing signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Hourglass Pure Effect (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Court of Miracles (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Sweets for My Sweet (P, $27.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Lissome (Bottom) (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Dior Rose Baiser (361) (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Chanel Rose Glacier (170) (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Tarte Decked Out (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, brighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Rose Cliff #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Cover FX Mojave Mauve (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Tarte Exhilarating (LE, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$2.99/0.17 oz. - $17.59 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage with a "silky-smooth texture." They were more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation, though the texture was soft and yielding, so it was easy to use a lighter hand to pick up less product for sheerer coverage if preferred. It's just not a formula I'd inherently call buildable. The consistency was soft, a little powdery but not dry, and was blendable on my skin. They wore eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Essence The Blush swatches.
Talc, Mica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Stearate, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.