Rose Frisson (353)
Dior Rose Frisson (353) Rouge Blush ($44.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a muted, medium pink with moderate, warm yellow undertones and fine gold and pink pearl woven through the powder, which gave it a satin-to-luminous finish. The texture was soft, smooth, and denser, but it had light powderiness to it, so it felt more like a traditional powder blush than a gel-powder hybrid product (which was my guess based on the embossing).
It had semi-opaque, buildable color payoff that blended out beautifully on bare skin. The color stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tarte Amp (-, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Orgasm (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Divine (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Milani Bella Bellini (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Benefit Bella Bamba (DC, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Clinique Blush Pop (LE, $21.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Kink & Kisses (504) (P, $42.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Golden Pink (PiP, ) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Milani Pink Play #1 (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Rose Cliff #2 (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
$44.00/0.23 oz. - $191.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense, ultra-pigmented color that lasts," though under "formula," the brand states that it has "bold, yet buildable color." Most of the shades I tried were quite pigmented, but the denser, smoother consistency of the powder made it possible to apply less for more buildable coverage as they weren't too powdery nor too stiff in the pan to work with. They applied easily, blended out well, and stayed on for eight to nine hours on me. The powders did have a floral scent to them, though I did not notice the scent when applied to my skin (more in the compact).
Browse all of our Dior Rouge Blush swatches.
TALC ● SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE ● POLYETHYLENE ● PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) ● ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE ● POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE ● ZINC STEARATE ● PENTYLENE GLYCOL ● SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE ● CAPRYLYL GLYCOL ● PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) ● TIN OXIDE ● TOCOPHEROL ● LINALOOL ● LIMONENE ● CITRONELLOL ● [+/- CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE) ● CI 15985 (YELLOW 6, YELLOW 6 LAKE) ● CI 19140 (YELLOW 5, YELLOW 5 LAKE) ● CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) ● CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE) ● CI 73360 (RED 30, RED 30 LAKE) ● CI 75470 (CARMINE) ● CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) ● CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) ● CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) ● CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) ● CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) ● CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE) ● CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) ● CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)]