Poison Matte (962)
Dior Poison Matte (962) Rouge Blush ($44.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a bright plum with subtle, cool undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque color payoff in a single layer with a smooth, lightly powdery texture that was dense but not firm or stiff to work with. It applied fairly evenly to bare skin and blended along the edges, though I noticed that it tended to look lighter and pinker when worn at sheerer coverage levels (less true-to-pan) so keep that in mind based on skin tone and what level of coverage you tend to wear your blush at. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading slightly.
- Viseart Plum #3 (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Fever (P, $24.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Sand Pink (DC, $30.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B500 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Too Faced Peach Berry (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Nightingale (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Out There (LE, $30.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Dolce Vita (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil d'Ambre (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
- NARS Dolce Vita (PiP, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
$44.00/0.23 oz. - $191.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense, ultra-pigmented color that lasts," though under "formula," the brand states that it has "bold, yet buildable color." Most of the shades I tried were quite pigmented, but the denser, smoother consistency of the powder made it possible to apply less for more buildable coverage as they weren't too powdery nor too stiff in the pan to work with. They applied easily, blended out well, and stayed on for eight to nine hours on me. The powders did have a floral scent to them, though I did not notice the scent when applied to my skin (more in the compact).
Browse all of our Dior Rouge Blush swatches.