Dior 999 Rouge Blush ($44.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a rich coral-red with warm undertones and cooler, pink pearl that gives it a luminous sheen when applied to the skin. The consistency was smooth, dense but not stiff, and velvety to the touch, so it picked up easily with a brush and could be used with a lighter hand for sheerer coverage or a moderate hand for more opaque coverage. A little went a long way with this shade, though, so I highly recommend using less than you anticipate and building up as needed for the desired effect. I was so pleased that the intense blush color blended out easily along the edges, while the glowing finish looked skin-like without being overtly shimmery. It wore well for almost nine hours before it started to show signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Coloured Raine Call the Shots (Blush) (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Grapefruit (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS I Need a Man (LE, $30.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Angel Pride III (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Hibiscus (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NYX Crimson (P, $6.50) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hotline (P, $7.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- theBalm Toile (P, $22.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Jelly Fish (DC, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- Too Faced Cherry Bomb (Blush) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
$44.00/0.23 oz. - $191.30 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "intense, ultra-pigmented color that lasts," though under "formula," the brand states that it has "bold, yet buildable color." Most of the shades I tried were quite pigmented, but the denser, smoother consistency of the powder made it possible to apply less for more buildable coverage as they weren't too powdery nor too stiff in the pan to work with. They applied easily, blended out well, and stayed on for eight to nine hours on me. The powders did have a floral scent to them, though I did not notice the scent when applied to my skin (more in the compact).
Browse all of our Dior Rouge Blush swatches.