Colour Pop Boomin’ Luster Dust Loose Highlighter ($7.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a light-medium gold with warm, yellow undertones and a soft, metallic sheen. It wasn’t quite as metallic as a lot of the Luster Dusts are and was more pearl to metallic–only getting metallic with multiple layers or applied with a dampened brush. The texture was soft, silky, and finely-milled, which made for a very easy-to-pick-up loose product. The pigmentation really depended on the tool, as it was easily opaque with a denser brush and just as easily applied as a sheer sheen using a fan brush. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
- Dior Transatlantique (LE, $58.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Heat Wave (LE, $47.00) is more shimmery, brighter (95% similar).
- MAC TheBlonds (LE, $41.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Gold Ore (P, $39.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Too Faced Apricot in the Act (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Dripping in Gold (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Gold Bullion (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Gilded Honey (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- The Estee Edit 14K Glow (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Whisper of Gilt (P, $33.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
$7.00/0.106 oz. - $66.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "finely-milled, soft powder" that "packs a blinding punch" where "a little goes a long way." These can be incredibly shiny and metallic on the skin, and the coverage seemed to be all in the application. They actually seemed to be more pigmented when I applied them to my cheekbones using a tapered highlighter than when I used smaller brushes (for eyes) on my forearm. The powders were finely-milled with some base color and a lot of shimmer/pearl. I found the best way to apply these was to pick up product onto a brush and then swirl my brush on the interior of the cap, which helped to disperse the powder more evenly through my brush. This resulted in more even application to my cheeks that required less buffing and blending than if I skipped the swirling step. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Luster Dust Loose Highlighter swatches.