Liv It Up
ColourPop Liv It Up Crème Gel Liner Duo ($14.00 for 0.02 oz.) includes two twist-up eyeliners in metallic copper and matte, deep copper. I had issues with the metallic shade falling out of the holder entirely, so keep that in mind as you read through this review! The matte copper hue was more unique and decent enough to work with, though not without its issues.
LELimited Edition. $14.00.
Brickell is a medium-dark copper with warmer, more orange undertones and fine gold pearl throughout. The actual eyeliner portion fell out of the tube, so I had to try to hold it with my actual hand and rub it across my skin for a swatch, so it likely was far more pigmented than it was naturally. It seemed a little dry and may have shrunk back from the mechanism that should have kept it in place.
I could barely get it to swatch, and it fell onto the floor half a dozen times in the process, so naturally, I did not actually end up trying it on my eye. I’ve tried numerous eyeliners from ColourPop, and the typical wear time for something like this would have been between six and eight hours, so I’d go with average (seven).
- ColourPop Macrame (LE, $5.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop The Rose Standard (LE, $9.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Copper Metallic (P, $13.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Chanel Cuivre Dore (52) (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Nut (LE, $7.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- LA Girl Penny (P, $4.49) is more shimmery, lighter (80% similar).
- Sephora Brass Metallic (P, $13.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Smashbox 24K Rose (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
LELimited Edition. $5.00.
Flame is a deep, reddish-copper with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-opaque color payoff in a single layer, which didn’t build up much, but it looked even enough in practice as a thin line on my lower lash line. The texture was smooth, slightly creamy but not too emollient, so it didn’t gather in fine lines as it dried down. It lasted for seven and a half hours before thinning visibly.
- MAC Nudge Nudge Ink Ink (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Lethal Cosmetics Input (P, $15.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Anatomy (LE, $22.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Torch (P, $22.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Copper Charge (Matte) (PiP, ) is warmer (85% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Maroon (P, $18.00) is darker, more muted (80% similar).