ColourPop x NBA Dallas Mavericks Big D Eyeliner Duo Review & Swatches
ColourPop Big D Crème Gel Liner Duo ($14.00 for 0.02 oz.) includes two twist-up eyeliners in shimmery silver and matte periwinkle. The silver eyeliner was overly slippery and very sheer without any ability to build up, while the periwinkle hue was drier and harder to work with.
LELimited Edition. $14.00.
Alley Oop is a very light silver with a metallic sheen. It had sheer pigmentation in a single layer with a very emollient texture–too much glide–that did not build up well, even when I tried to let it set prior to applying a second layer. It wore well for five hours before fading noticeably.
- Urban Decay Cuff (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics OK Boomer (LE, $19.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented (85% similar).
- MAC Misty Me (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented (85% similar).
- MAC Statuesque (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery, more pigmented, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS The Strip (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Brooklynette (LE, $5.00) is less shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- bareMinerals Certainly Sterling (LE, $16.00).
- Urban Decay Cuff (P, $22.00).
LELimited Edition. $5.00.
Swish is a bright, periwinkle blue with strong, cool undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-sheer pigmentation, which built up to semi-opaque coverage but always somewhat uneven as it didn’t layer up as well. The texture was slightly drier, though it didn’t tug painfully on my lash line, but it made it harder to manipulate it. This shade lasted for seven hours on me before thinning visibly.
- Lethal Cosmetics Harmony (P, $15.50) is darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Skinny Dip (LE, ) is brighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Chaos (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Cobalt (DC, $9.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Lethal Cosmetics Analog (P, $15.50) is lighter (80% similar).
- ColourPop Making Waves (LE, $5.00) is more shimmery, lighter (80% similar).
- ColourPop Prance (P, $5.00) is lighter, brighter (80% similar).
- MAC Royal Wink (LE, $16.00).
Comments on this post are closed.
These shades had the potential to be ones I would have bought. But they get a big thumbs down from me. I don’t know what is going on with their eye pencils just lately. 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼
These eyeliners might be the perfect example of the bad side of Colourpop’s release schedule. They seem to have eyeshadow down pretty well but harder-to-formulate products can suffer from lack of proper attention to performance
Just horrible. CP, you have lost the plot on these!
What a pity about the silver one. I’d never use the blue, so it was a pass anyway.
I do like silver liners a lot.