Colour Pop Matchmaker Pressed Powder Blush ($7.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a light-medium, rosy brown with a semi-matte finish. There were a few stray sparkles visible in the pan, but they seemed to vanish once the powder was applied and blended out on my skin; instead, it had more of a semi-matte to satin finish where there was a bit of glow but not visible shimmer.
The texture was soft, a little powdery in the pan but did not kick up too much excess in the pan, and it yielded nearly opaque coverage in a single layer (that level of pigmentation was higher than marketed, though). I would recommend applying over drier skin (whether set with setting powder or mattified with primer) as it darkened slightly when applied to my bare skin, but I didn’t have any issues applying or blending out the product despite this. It stayed on nicely for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Meteor Rite (LE, $7.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Naturally Flawless (P, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty La Rosée du Soir (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Glossier Dusk (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, glossier (90% similar).
- By Terry Light & Tan Vibes #5 (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Video (DC, $26.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Gingerly (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Day Dream (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Harmony (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, more muted (90% similar).
- NARS Dream Place (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$7.00/0.21 oz. - $33.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.