Colour Pop Free Spirit Ultra Glossy Lip ($6.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a translucent, light-medium, peachy orange gloss that added a noticeable, warmer tint to my lips but was still very much on the sheer side. It is intended to be sheer and have just a tint, so it was on the mark for coverage. The texture was smooth, non-sticky, and gel-like, so it spread well across my lips and smoothed out some of my lip lines. It wore well for two and a half hours and was hydrating over time.
- Cle de Peau Lingerie (11) (P, $48.00) is more pigmented (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Catherine (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Jouer PCH (P, $17.00) is more pigmented (85% similar).
- LORAC Belle-ieve (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Huahine (LE, $26.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Moroccan Heat (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Attention Haul (LE, $6.00) is more pigmented (85% similar).
- Jouer Sunset (P, $17.00) is more pigmented (80% similar).
- Maybelline Citrus Evolution (115) (LE, $8.99) is more pigmented, cooler (80% similar).
$6.00/0.11 oz. - $54.55 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "hi-shine" with a "non-sticky" texture that "feels amazing" and includes five finishes "from 3-D pearl to sheer tinted colour." They are designed to be a sheerer formula, so many shades are sheer with a smattering of shimmer or sparkle and then a few are more tinted with sheer to semi-sheer coverage but no shimmer. Each gloss has a short, brush-type applicator, which worked better than I expected and didn't leave streaky results behind (in general). They had a sweet, vanilla scent but no discernible taste.
The "Tinted" finish ("glass-like shine with tint of sheer colour and no shimmer") was the least consistent--sometimes prone to unevenness and getting into lip lines, particularly with deeper/richer shades, whereas Pearlescent ("glass-like shine with subtle shimmer") and Prismatic ("glass-like shine with floating multi dimensional pearl and glitters") are sheer to translucent with the major difference being finer shimmer in the Pearlescent finish and larger, more glitter-like particles in the Prismatic finish. Both finishes tended to look plush and more smoothing on my lips. The Creme finish is a "medium-coverage gloss with a creamy finish that does not contain any pearls or glitter." The Metallic is described as a "full-coverage gloss with a mix of pearl and metallic finishes."
The wear time varied by shade but the sheerer ones tended to wear between two and three hours as the formula was, indeed, non-sticky and smooth, which made them lighter-weight and comfortable to wear but shorter wearing. A lot of the sheerer shades ran together, so I would recommend just picking up one or two rather than several as the differences are likely to be lost! Also, keep in mind that sheerer lip colors can look different from person to person due to much of the natural lip color coming through.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Ultra Glossy Lip swatches.
Colour Pop Going North Lux Lipstick ($7.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a medium-dark, reddish-copper with warm undertones and a satin finish. It had rich color coverage that applied evenly and smoothly across my lips without tugging. The texture was creamy, lightweight but was a bit of a thicker consistency on my lips, and was comfortable to apply and to wear. There was a smidgen of product in my deeper lip lines. It stayed on nicely for five hours and felt lightly moisturizing while worn.
- Colour Pop La Lady (P, $7.00) is darker, less glossy (90% similar).
- Milani I Am Radiant (P, $6.99) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Smarticle (LE, $19.50) is lighter, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Maybelline Mauve for Me (P, $7.49) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Backseat (P, $18.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Anastasia #3 (Vol. 1) (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Reign (PiP, $7.00) is more muted, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Devoted to Chili (P, $19.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Red Hot Susan (P, $37.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Sandstone (102) (P, $38.00) is more muted (85% similar).
$7.00/0.12 oz. - $58.33 Per Ounce
The formula that is supposed to be a "creamy-matte" that "glides on like butter, doesn't feather or bleed, and lasts so long you'll forget you're even wearing it." The majority of the shades were quite pigmented with full color payoff in a single stroke with a few in the more semi-opaque coverage range.
The texture was, on average, smooth, lightly creamy, and not too thick or too thin, so there was no tugging during application but the color didn't feel slippery while worn, which made them easier to apply straight from the tube and low-maintenance on the lips.
They tend to dry and wear down to a soft matte finish within one to three hours of wear, and while they are very lightweight on, they hug the lips more as they become more matte (compared to initial feel). The wear time has been between four and six hours for most shades, and most shades were non-drying to lightly hydrating. They were vanilla-scented but had no discernible taste.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Lux Lipstick swatches.