Colour Pop Mija Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick ($6.50 for 0.11 oz.) is a medium-dark pink with warm undertones and a satin finish. It had rich color payoff that applied evenly and smoothly across my lips without sinking into my lip lines. The consistency was lightly creamy, smooth, and thin without being watery, which helped it spread well across my lips. It stayed on nicely for five and a half hours and was non-drying.
- Tom Ford Beauty Universal Appeal (P, $54.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Rose (P, $20.00) is lighter, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Hazelnut (DC, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Gemini (Left) (LE, $26.00) is lighter, cooler, glossier (90% similar).
- Chanel Nuance (71) (P, $37.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Boca (LE, $18.50) is lighter, more muted (85% similar).
- Dose of Colors Hey Girl (LE, $16.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Sephora Warm Nude (75) (P, $14.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Ariel (LE, $7.00) is lighter, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Hourglass I Woke Up (P, $34.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$6.50/0.11 oz. - $59.09 Per Ounce
It is supposed to be a “lightweight, bold lipstick with a satin finish”liquid lipstick that is “extra intense colour saturation” and “long-wearing,” but the brand is quick to note that it is “not completely kiss proof.” The consistency is very light to lightweight with a thin to mousse-like consistency–they feel a little heavier going on than the Ultra Matte formula, but they don’t feel heavy on. They dry down somewhat, but it isn’t a full, flat dry down like matte liquid lipsticks, and when you press your lips together, there is moderate tackiness there, but I didn’t notice any lifting or separating of color by doing so.
They have been extremely long-wearing and comfortable to wear for the most part–it’s after ten hours or so that I notice my lips feeling a little dry–but six hours into wear and the colors have looked good post-meals/post-drinking. I think if you like the idea of longer-wearing, mostly matte lip color but find most liquid lipsticks too drying or too flat while not needing an ultra-hydrating formula, you might like these.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick swatches.
Colour Pop Secreto Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick ($6.50 for 0.11 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark, reddish-copper with warmer undertones and a matte finish. It had a faded quality to it and coupled with the matte finish, it was harder to dupe. The texture was lightweight, spreadable, and thin but was not too runny. I was able to apply the color evenly across my lips, and it dried down within 30 seconds. The dry down wasn’t forgiving, though, and it emphasized barely-there flakes (this was the last in a swatch session of 15, so my lips are about as smooth as I can get ’em!) and “cracked” slightly along some of my deeper lip lines. It lasted for six and a half hours but was drying over time.
- Colour Pop Mama (P, $6.50) is darker (85% similar).
- Anastasia #3 (Vol. 1) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Walk of Shame (P, $34.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Aesthetic (LE, $18.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Mind Trick (P, $7.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Besame Chocolate Kiss 1970 (PiP, $22.00) is more shimmery, glossier (85% similar).
- NARS Leslie (P, $34.00) is brighter, glossier (80% similar).
- MAC Chili (P, $18.50) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
- Colour Pop Love Life (P, $5.00) (80% similar).
- Colour Pop Better Off (LE, $7.00) is darker, brighter, warmer (80% similar).
$6.50/0.11 oz. - $59.09 Per Ounce
It is a long-wearing, pigmented lipstick that starts off glossy and dries down quickly to that super flat matte finish. They have minimal transfer with some of the lighter shades having almost none for the first few hours of wear, but any time you’ve had a meal, they lose that transfer-resistant quality to a noticeable degree. They tend to wear anywhere from six to ten hours with darker shades maintaining better color coverage and wear over a longer period of time.
Some shades get a little drying about two-thirds to three-fourths through the wear, while a few shades have been fairly non-drying even many hours into wear. They fade away evenly with most color loss occurring from the center of the lips if eating a more oil-based meal but the majority of color survives a meal.
Reapplication has been hit or miss and tends to depend on how well it wore away and how easily the shade applies normally, but reapplication tends to emphasize the lip’s natural texture significantly compared to initial application and gives lips a very wrinkled, dried-up look. I’ve layered gloss on top of some shades with moderate success, though it will obviously lose the matte finish and will transfer and I’ll get tiny flakes where the matte lip color has lifted by mixing with gloss but has been pretty minimal. The formula had no discernible taste or scent.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick swatches.