Colour Pop Why, Hello Pressed Powder Blush ($8.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a medium pink with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. The blush had a very powdery, almost clumpy, consistency that felt silky to the touch but dry upon application. It had semi-sheer coverage, which was hard to build up as the powder didn’t adhere to itself well, so I just wasn’t able to get much more than medium coverage out of it. When I blended it out, the color tended to lift and sheer away, but at least it did not look splotchy. It wore well for six hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Urban Decay Naked Cherry #2 (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Milani Berry Rays #4 (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Chanel Jardin de Chanel (LE, $55.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- NARS Unwritten (LE, $30.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NYX Mauve (DC, $5.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Natural (P, $12.99) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Coast to Coast (P, $10.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Illusive (LE, $30.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Celebrated (LE, $29.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$10.00/0.13 oz. - $76.92 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Nylon-12, Magnesium Myristate, Ptfe, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Carmine (Ci 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (Ci 77019), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).