ColourPop Vogue Pressed Powder Blush ($10.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a muted, medium rosy plum with subtle, warm undertones and a natural matte finish. By “natural matte,” I mean it didn’t have any real shine or shimmer to it, but it seemed to be more prone to taking on the skin’s natural finish and looked less flat-matte.
The texture was soft, lightly powdery in the pan, so I’d recommend using a lighter touch when picking up product, which yielded more semi-opaque, buildable color coverage (which was more than marketed). It applied evenly and blended out fairly well, though it looked a little drier on my skin in a few places. It lasted well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Misconduct (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Viseart Plum #2 (PiP, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coast to Coast (P, $8.00) is lighter, more muted (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Cool Mauve (50) (P, $38.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Sesso (Blush) (PiP, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay TMI (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Take Me Home (Bottom) (LE, $24.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Does This Thing Really Work? (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Danessa Myricks Latte (P, $18.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Just My Pluck (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. - $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
talc, boron nitride, nylon-12, magnesium stearate, zinc stearate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, distarch phosphate, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrolyzed theobroma cacao seed butter, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, octocrylene, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, quercetin. may contain: bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica (ci 77019), red 6 (ci 15850), red 7 (ci 15850), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.