ColourPop True Romantic Cheek Dew Reviews & Swatches
ColourPop True Romantic Cheek Dew Serum Blush ($7.00 for 0.48 oz.) is a medium, rosy plum with subtle, warm undertones paired with a dewy sheen.
- Sheer, slightly buildable coverage (as marketed)
- Lightweight, gel-like consistency
- Thin but not watery, “serum” like as marketed
- Applied well over bare skin and did not lift foundation
- Shorter-wearing (6 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Sublimate (Shade) (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Patrick Ta Oh She's Different (Crème) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Merit Cheeky (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- About Face Get Some (P, $18.00) is more pigmented (90% similar).
- ILIA A Fine Romance (P, $34.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- Merit Raspberry Beret (P, $28.00) is more pigmented, cooler (85% similar).
- Westman Atelier Petal (P, $55.00).
$7.00/0.48 oz. - $14.58 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable coverage" with a "hint" of dewiness that can be applied with fingertips, sponge, or a duo fiber brush and is recommended to be applied prior to powder products.
The consistency was very fluid, and while it was sheerer by the nature of the fluidity of the formulation, you didn't need to squeeze out that much to get going. I would recommend squeezing out a bit on the back of your hand and gently rubbing it in a small circle using a fingertip, then applying to your face. This helped the product spread out and be the perfect level of tackiness to apply to bare skin or on top of foundation/base products without lifting them up. They had sheer to semi-sheer, buildable coverage.
They don't fully dry down, so the finish remained noticeably dewy (as the name might imply), and it didn't have the best wear (around six hours for better-performing shades), but the products faded evenly and didn't slide around/down my face.
Browse all of our ColourPop Cheek Dew Serum Blush swatches.
Not bad. Would likely be something that not only would show up on me, but would be great for days where I know that I won’t be wearing a full beat all day, but just for a quick errand run or something. Then again, I’d still likely prefer Tower 28, Phytosurgence, or Fenty cream blushes over this.