She's in Bold
Colour Pop She’s in Bold Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a muted, medium orange with warm, redidhs undertones and a matte finish. It had a very smooth, velvety texture; it felt more like clay than a traditional cream as there was wetness. I’d recommend applying with fingertips, which achieves the best balance of pigmentation and diffusion over a brush, which I find doesn’t pick up product quite as readily with the matte finish of this formula compared to the more shimmery finishes.
It had nearly opaque pigmentation applied with fingertips in one layer (though one could pick up less for more buildable coverage) and sheer to semi-sheer, buildable color payoff with a stippling brush. The product applied evenly to bare skin and diffused easily, and it worked well over foundation as it did not lift it up. This shade stayed on well for nine hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Main Chick (P, $7.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Peau de Pêche (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Anastasia Ginger (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Summer Fling (P, $10.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- By Terry Tropical Sunset #1 (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Fame (LE, $29.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B402 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Smashbox Persimmon (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Get Leid (P, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Groovy (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. - $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dimethicone/Vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate Crosspolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Iron Oxides (CI 77491,CI 77492,CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).