ColourPop Perk Up Pressed Powder Blush ($7.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a light-medium brown with warm undertones and a matte finish. It seemed to lean ever-so-slightly rosy in its undertone, but it wasn’t truly rose or red-toned either. The texture was soft, a little powdery to the touch, but it was blendable and easy to work with on bare skin. I had no trouble applying and blending out the edges for a seamless application. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, though a lighter hand could be used to achieve more buildable (which is how its marketed) coverage. This shade stayed on well for eight hours on me before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Haus Labs Light Level 4 (P, $38.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Medium (P, $31.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Bronzed (P, $28.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop All the Feels (PiP, $8.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- L'Oreal Light Medium (P, $15.99) is lighter (95% similar).
- Dior Soft Bronze (03) (P, $48.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Laguna 02 (P, $38.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tantric (P, $49.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Persona Terracotta (P, $22.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Desert Days (P, $48.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$12.00/0.13 oz. - $92.31 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Distarch Phosphate , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate , Quercetin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.