Out of Quartz
ColourPop Out of Quartz Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a a light, rosy copper with moderate, warm undertones and slightly less warm-toned rose pearl that gave it a subtle sheen when applied to bare skin. The texture felt smooth, lightly emollient to the touch with the spring-back expected from the formula.
When applied with fingertips, it had more opaque color coverage in a single layer, whereas applying it with a synthetic brush yielded more semi-sheer to medium, buildable coverage–which was as described. It applied well to bare skin as well as over base products. This shade lasted nicely for 10 hours before fading visibly on my skin.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Moodlight (Bottom) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Rare Beauty Transcend (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Clionadh Bellona (P, $12.50) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Moodlight (Candlelight) (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Allegro (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Afterglow (P, $39.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Shooting Star (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Bathe (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- OFRA Blissful (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Clionadh Vesta (P, $12.50) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.