Colour Pop Melonade Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick ($6.50 for 0.11 oz.) is a rich, medium-dark red with cool undertones and a flat, amtte finish. It had nearly opaque color payoff that applied smoothly and evenly across my lips in one layer. The texture was thin, lightweight, spreadable, and dried down to a flat, matte finish that didn’t emphasize my lip lines. The formula felt a little drying after four hours of wear, though the color was still going on strong after six hours of wear. It left a moderate, pink-red stain behind as well.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Chateau M (LE, $21.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Rock Steady (P, $18.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Self Esteem (LE, $20.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Ribbon (LE, $6.50) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Season 10 (LE, $6.50) is lighter (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever M401 (P, $22.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Colour Pop La La Land (LE, $6.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Big Bang (P, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Sky Walking (LE, $6.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- YSL Carmin Statement (10) (P, $36.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$6.50/0.11 oz. - $59.09 Per Ounce
It is a long-wearing, pigmented lipstick that starts off glossy and dries down quickly to that super flat matte finish. They have minimal transfer with some of the lighter shades having almost none for the first few hours of wear, but any time you’ve had a meal, they lose that transfer-resistant quality to a noticeable degree. They tend to wear anywhere from six to ten hours with darker shades maintaining better color coverage and wear over a longer period of time.
Some shades get a little drying about two-thirds to three-fourths through the wear, while a few shades have been fairly non-drying even many hours into wear. They fade away evenly with most color loss occurring from the center of the lips if eating a more oil-based meal but the majority of color survives a meal.
Reapplication has been hit or miss and tends to depend on how well it wore away and how easily the shade applies normally, but reapplication tends to emphasize the lip’s natural texture significantly compared to initial application and gives lips a very wrinkled, dried-up look. I’ve layered gloss on top of some shades with moderate success, though it will obviously lose the matte finish and will transfer and I’ll get tiny flakes where the matte lip color has lifted by mixing with gloss but has been pretty minimal. The formula had no discernible taste or scent.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick swatches.
Isododecane, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).