ColourPop Love Story Pressed Powder Blush ($10.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a darker peach with warmer, more orange undertones and barely-there gold micro-sparkle over a semi-matte finish. When applied and buffed into the skin, the finish was more of a satin–not overly shimmery but not totally matte either. The consistency was blendable but on the thinner/drier side, but it lived up to its buildable claim as coverage was more medium, but very buildable, which made it hard to overdo. It wore well for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Sydney Grace Day Dream (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta She's Sincere (P, $32.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Jouer Embrace Me (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Golden Hour (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Golden Hour (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ILIA I Put a Spell on You (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, cooler, glossier (90% similar).
- Benefit Dallas (2020) (P, $17.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass Dim Infusion (P, $40.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Double Bubble (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Coral Pink (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. - $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
talc, boron nitride, nylon-12, synthetic fluorphlogopite, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, distarch phosphate, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, aluminum calcium sodium silicate, hydrolyzed theobroma cacao seed butter, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, octocrylene, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, tin oxide, quercetin, alumina, triethoxycaprylylsilane. may contain: bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica (ci 77019), red 6 (ci 15850), red 7 (ci 15850), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.