Just for Us
ColourPop Just for Us Luster Dust Loose Highlighter ($7.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a soft, pastel pink with strong, warm undertones and multi-colored pearl and slightly larger sparkle. It had good pigmentation in a single layer, and it yielded a strong, luminous finish on the skin that wasn’t metallic but still plenty reflective. The underlying powder was more matte, so it did not seem to add a lot of shine, just helped given the highlighter a more uniform base to work with. It had a soft, finely-milled consistency that was easy to blend out on my skin. This shade stayed on well for eight hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Wet 'n' Wild Desert Explorations (LE, $2.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Pixie Pearl (LE, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Love This Bitch (LE, $34.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Afterglow (Highlighter) (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- The Estee Edit 1st Light (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- LORAC Moonlight (P, $23.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Daybreak (P, $14.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Chanel Perles et Fantaisies (Right) (LE, $80.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Burberry No. 03 Pink Pearl (P, $68.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Fancy Pink Diamond (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$7.00/0.106 oz. - $66.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "finely-milled, soft powder" that "packs a blinding punch" where "a little goes a long way." These can be incredibly shiny and metallic on the skin, and the coverage seemed to be all in the application. They actually seemed to be more pigmented when I applied them to my cheekbones using a tapered highlighter than when I used smaller brushes (for eyes) on my forearm. The powders were finely-milled with some base color and a lot of shimmer/pearl. I found the best way to apply these was to pick up product onto a brush and then swirl my brush on the interior of the cap, which helped to disperse the powder more evenly through my brush. This resulted in more even application to my cheeks that required less buffing and blending than if I skipped the swirling step. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our ColourPop Luster Dust Loose Highlighter swatches.
Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tin Oxide, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.