House of Mirrors
Colour Pop House of Mirrors Mini Face Duo ($10.00 for 0.24 oz.) includes a soft brown bronzer and a warmer peach highlighter in a small, plastic compact. I really loved the size of the duo, as I felt it offered plenty of product with a small footprint and affordable price tag. The bronzer didn’t have great pigmentation, and the texture wasn’t the easiest to work with, though the highlighter was lovely.
Opening Act is a medium brown with soft, warm undertones and a matte finish. The texture was soft to the touch, but it was thinner and more powdery, which made for a more difficult time swatching as the powder didn’t adhere well to my arm (which is drier in skin type). It had semi-sheer, buildable pigmentation that lasted for eight hours on me. It seemed to be more blendable on my cheeks/face compared to my arm, but it took some extra effort to diffuse and get an even application of the color, though.
- Tarte Princess Cut (PiP, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Sephora Fiji (P, $17.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Bronze (01) (P, $40.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Desert Days (P, $48.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Dolce and Gabbana Desert (P, $51.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Bronzed (P, $28.00) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
- Hourglass Nude Bronze Light (P, $50.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Park Ave. Princess #2 (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Sunkissed (P, $22.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Sun Tan (LE, ) is warmer, glossier (90% similar).
$8.00/0.25 oz. - $32.00 Per Ounce
ColourPop's Pressed Powder Bronzer is supposed to have a "super velvety-soft" feel that yields a "natural tanned glow." There was no mention of coverage, but the brand's promotional swatches showed full coverage. The bronzers had a soft, silky texture that was slightly powdery in the pan but tended to apply with ease, blended out nicely, and sat well on the skin. The majority of the shades seemed to have a semi-matte to satin finish, which helped them glide on and appear more natural (in finish) on the skin. The wear ranged from eight to eight and a half hours on me.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Bronzer swatches.
Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ptfe, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Main Attraction is a soft peach with warm undertones and luminous sheen. It had opaque pigmentation with a smooth, creamy texture that was blendable and easy to work with. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading slightly.
- NARS Sunstreak (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Milani Pearl (PiP, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Illuminating Glow (LE, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Courreges (LE, $32.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Becca Year of the Pig (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Wish (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace PSL Extra Whip (P, $12.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Glad You Came (PiP, $8.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Moonlight (PiP, ) is darker (85% similar).
- NARS Tell All (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Boron Nitride, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).