Colour Pop Hit Rewind Luster Dust Loose Highlighter ($7.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark rosy p ink with warm undertones and a coppery gold pearl. The consistency was finely-milled and very soft, but it was a bit harder to diffuse and blend out as I felt like it stuck too easily to my skin (without wanting to disperse) due to how easily it absorbed any natural oils on my skin. I used a larger, buffing brush to diffuse and soften the edges, but the coverage definitely suffered and looked more softly luminous than intense as it had initially. This one was better applied in layers, which helped to build up coverage and shine without making for a miserable blending experience. It had good pigmentation, and I’d agree that a little went a long way. On me, it wore well for eight and a half hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Fenty Beauty Mimosa Sunrise/Sangria Sunset (P, $36.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Chic Freak (PiP, $36.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Valley Girl (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 11 Golden Orange (P, $21.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Hot Damn-oiselle D'Avignon (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Kitty Kat (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Coral Vibes (002) (LE, $50.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Ibiza (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Huda Beauty Zanzibar (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Jet Girl (82) (LE, $49.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$7.00/0.106 oz. - $66.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "finely-milled, soft powder" that "packs a blinding punch" where "a little goes a long way." These can be incredibly shiny and metallic on the skin, and the coverage seemed to be all in the application. They actually seemed to be more pigmented when I applied them to my cheekbones using a tapered highlighter than when I used smaller brushes (for eyes) on my forearm. The powders were finely-milled with some base color and a lot of shimmer/pearl. I found the best way to apply these was to pick up product onto a brush and then swirl my brush on the interior of the cap, which helped to disperse the powder more evenly through my brush. This resulted in more even application to my cheeks that required less buffing and blending than if I skipped the swirling step. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Luster Dust Loose Highlighter swatches.
Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).