ColourPop Double Down Super Shock Cheek Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a soft, very light gold with warm, yellow undertones and a metallic sheen. It had good pigmentation that was medium and buildable when applied with a brush and more opaque when applied with fingertips (as described). The texture felt smooth, lightly spongy, and slightly wet to the touch, which made it easy to apply and diffuse on the skin without it lifting the base or emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. This shade was one of the more reflective shades I’ve come across in the brand’s range. The color stayed on well for 10 hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop You're a Trip (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Moonstone (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Earth (LE, $6.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Sunlight (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Kaja Gold Drip (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Kaja Toy Alien (P, $19.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop So Healthy (PiP, $10.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop A Smile and a Song (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Haus Labs Peach Quartz (P, $40.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Chanel Camelia de Chanel (LE, $80.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.
Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.