ColourPop Coastin’ Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light, yellowed peach base with more of a transparent finish paired with fine gold and pink pearl that resulted in a almost dewy, metallic sheen. It had semi-opaque, buildable coverage applied with fingertips and sheerer, buildable coverage applied with a synthetic brush.
The texture felt smooth, lightly emollient, so it could be pushed and indented with some pressure (say with a fingertip) but didn’t really feel traditionally wet when it came into contact with my skin. It applied and blended out more like a powder highlighter, though it seemed to have a more forgiving finish despite being rather intense in sheen. It wore well for nine and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kosas Tropic Equinox (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Fleur Sure (LE, $44.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Sunstreak (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Now's the Time (LE, $26.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Courreges (LE, $32.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Sydney Grace PSL Extra Whip (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Sesso (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Rêve Salé II (LE, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tantalize Glo (Highlighter) (LE, ) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Main Attraction (LE, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.
dimethicone, isononyl isononanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, dimethicone crosspolymer, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, ethylhexyl isononanoate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, calcium aluminum borosilicate, aluminum calcium sodium silicate, isopropyl myristate, phenoxyethanol, silica, stearalkonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, propylene carbonate, tin oxide, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), carmine (ci 75470), iron oxides (ci 77491), mica (ci 77019), red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.